I'm in the process of ripping our old DVDs and the last box-set I'm working through is my wife's collection of ER (on Region 2). They're all on double-sided discs.
Seasons 1 to 7 ripped fine, but on Season 08 to 12 I'm running into a repeated problem: Side B rips fine, but Side A will only ever find 2 of the 4 episodes on it.
This happens on every single side A on all three discs in Seasons 08 to 12. This consistency leads me to believe it's some format/file structure they've been created in. Funnily enough the packaging for these seasons is different to the ones before it that worked.
To sanity check, I have:
- Tried on two different external disc drives
- Tried on 2 different desktop PC's and a laptop
- Used t-cut polish on the discs to ensure they weren't scratched
- Tried other DVD ripping software (Handbrake, AnyDVD, DVDFab - never found one better than MakeMKV but thought I'd at least give them a try)
- Nothing has changed the above behaviour.
The error when reading the discs in MakeMKV is this:
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #1 does not match one in IFO header.
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB' at offset '0'
I've ripped 4.95TB of DVDs thus far and this is the first time I've ran into the issue. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!