Error in copying Vanguard

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Wally

Error in copying Vanguard

Post by Wally »

There is an error copying the movie Vanguard. It claims that there are 3 titles found however 0 titles are saved, 3 failed.
Vanguard error.txt
The trace file
(4.2 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Woodstock

Re: Error in copying Vanguard

Post by Woodstock »

Code: Select all

Error 'OS error - {No Disk} There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive hs' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '821010432'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:MEDIUM NOT PRESENT' occurred while reading 'DVD+R-DL PLDS DVD-RW DH16AFSH DL31' at offset '821010432'
The operating system lost track of the drive. Is this a USB-powered drive, or an internal with full SATA power available?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
hfjensen

Post by hfjensen »

I have a similar issue, both on the original disc on an internal full SATA drive and on a ripped iso file, which was copieded without errors.
hfjensen

Post by hfjensen »

Never mind.... I was just being impatient. It looked like the extraction had stopped, the expected remaining time increased into the hours and the size of the output file was not growing, so I aborted, but later retried and after leaving it alone for longer than normal it eventually finished and created the mkv files just fine.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Since it is a DVD, it is possible that the Closed Caption extraction process was the problem. Some disks advertise they have CCs, but do not actually, and the ccextractor process takes a LONG time to figure that out. You can test it by opening the ISO again, and unselect the CCs from the main title. If it sails through quickly, you have one of those problematic disks.

I had this problem with Gone With The Wind.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging