Filenames and Cropping issue

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Myitdept

Filenames and Cropping issue

Post by Myitdept »

Hi Everyone, I am new at this so please advise if I am posting in the wrong place or if I have missed the answers to these questions somewhere in here

I have just started using MakeMKV do I can convert around 600 DVD's (that I own) to MKV files so I can stream them from my NAS device using PLEX on a new LCD

The software itself is working flawlessly however there are 2 things I's like to do that am currently unable to work out how to

Firstly, some of the movies are being cropped randomly. Some on top and bottom, others on the left and right and some on all sides. Is there a way I can set MakeMKV to convert using the original aspect ratio and dimensions as the original?

Secondly (and I did see something in the forum about this but cannot find it now), I would like to give the converted files a name and prevent MakeMKV from adding the underscores and t01 to the names. If someone can assist here it would be greatly appreciated so can get everything right before I start converting

Thanks in advance
Smithcraft

Re: Filenames and Cropping issue

Post by Smithcraft »

MakeMKV does not alter the information in the streams, it just rips the streams from the disc and places them in a Matroska container. So if something is cropping the image, it's not MakeMKV.

As for the name, I believe MakeMKV just takes the disc name and adds the suffix. Since the majority of discs have the underscores in the name, MakeMKV will keep them in the name. You could change them in MakeMKV. I don't know if this can be done in the Advanced section or not.

SC