"/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts" and "Hash Check Errors"

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Issac

"/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts" and "Hash Check Errors"

Post by Issac »

I am so confused with this right now. I have a drive that works and I know it works because I ripped a 4K UHD Blu-ray of Spider Man Across The Spiderverse with. I just got a copy of Lamborghini The man the myth the Legend Blu-ray that I want to rip so I put in the same drive and it loads up, somewhat, fine. I try ripping the disk and it started spitting out "The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 23064576, attempting to work around" errors all of the place. It also spits out "/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts" errors as well no matter how many time I turn off and on the drive, restart my computer ort anything but its just this specific disk looked it up and apparently "Hash Errors" are when a drive is failing. How can that be the case when I put my Spider Man across the spider verse disk, the regular Blu-ray not the 4k disk to see if it'll rip another Blu-ray, rips just fine. It's this copy of Lamborghini The man the myth the Legend Blu-ray. Please help.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-19 183615.png
Screenshot 2024-01-19 183615.png (127.78 KiB) Viewed 855 times
dcoke22

Re: "/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts" and "Hash Check Errors"

Post by dcoke22 »

That message means the optical drive is having trouble reading a spot on the disc. The standard advice is to gently clean the disc and try again, even if the disc is brand new.

Part of the blu-ray specification includes something called the 'content hash table'. This is information, contained on the disc, that allows something reading the disc (a blu-ray player or MakeMKV or whatever) to verify that what was read from the disc is correct. MakeMKV actually checks what was read against what is expected, based on the content hash table. When they don't match, it asks the drive to retry (there's a setting for the number of retries in the preferences). In the end if the drive can't correctly read the disc, you get a message like the ones you've gotten. And before you ask, no, you can not turn off this feature of MakeMKV. :)

Hence, the standard advice to gently clean the disc and try again.