Persistent artifacts showing up in Blu-Ray rip

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
omegaman3966

Persistent artifacts showing up in Blu-Ray rip

Post by omegaman3966 »

I was attempting to rip a copy of John Wick 2 and came across the playlist obfuscation issue where I was able to locate the correct segment map through the forums, but still ended up with alot of artifacts on the file? I even verified the main file name using AnyDVD (which was the same one from the forums, 00440.mpls) and attempted another rip using a trial version of CloneBD instead and there were no issues with playback. I've cleaned the disk and restarted my pc and the issue still persists when I try using MakeMKV. I don't wanna fork out money for extra software that I don't need so what gives?
dcoke22

Re: Persistent artifacts showing up in Blu-Ray rip

Post by dcoke22 »

Can you be more specific about what 'artifacts on the file' means?

Did MakeMKV have any errors or other messages in the log while you were doing the rip? Can you post it here?
omegaman3966

Post by omegaman3966 »

dcoke22 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:18 pm

Did MakeMKV have any errors or other messages in the log while you were doing the rip? Can you post it here?
I think the problem has gone away for now. There were these green horizontal rectangles which appeared when I scrub the through the timeline on VLC, but if I let the file play out nothing seems to appear.
drxenos

Post by drxenos »

omegaman3966 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:01 pm
dcoke22 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:18 pm

I think the problem has gone away for now. There were these green horizontal rectangles which appeared when I scrub the through the timeline on VLC, but if I let the file play out nothing seems to appear.
VLC is notorious for that when hardware acceleration is turned on.