The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Radiocomms237

The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)

Post by Radiocomms237 »

This is nothing to do with MakeMKV but I thought I'd ask...

I just ripped The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen and I haven't actually sat down to watch it yet, so please let me know if the following discrepancy is mentioned somewhere in the script.

I was naming the chapters when I notice what I believe is a spelling mistake in the end credits, the main character's name is spelt "Quatermain" in the credits...

But it's clearly spelt "Quartermain" within the movie itself...

The cast list on IMDb, the blurb on the slipcover, and the subtitles on the disc all spell his name "Quatermain", but I can understand how all of those may stem from the typo in the end credits, if indeed it is a typo.

The dialogue of the movie definitely sounds like they're saying "Quartermain", and that would certainly be the more traditional spelling.

Which is correct?
dcoke22

Re: The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)

Post by dcoke22 »

Allan Quatermain
Allan Quatermain is the protagonist of H. Rider Haggard's 1885 novel King Solomon's Mines, its one sequel Allan Quatermain (1887), twelve prequel novels and four prequel short stories, totalling eighteen works.[1] An English professional big game hunter and adventurer, in film and television he has been portrayed by Richard Chamberlain, Sean Connery, Cedric Hardwicke, Patrick Swayze and Stewart Granger among others.
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Interesting, thanks!

So looks like the props department screwed up!
ArArdin

Post by ArArdin »

I don't know the movie. Can it be a deliberate shot to sneakily raise doubt on Quatermain's demise?
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Nah, that screencap was from very early in the movie and (I believe) is supposed to be his wife's grave.

I only watched it that far because neither the slipcover nor the disc menu list the people who do either of the two commentary tracks, and I like to name them in the MKV audio track name(s).

After listening to the second commentary track with the FX guys, they say that the name on the cross was added digitally, so my apologies to the props department as it looks like FX who actually screwed the pooch!