Regarding the problem of the video looping due to the loss of audio and subtitles that are supposed to be there.

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
alex0708

Regarding the problem of the video looping due to the loss of audio and subtitles that are supposed to be there.

Post by alex0708 »

I would first like to mention that after the following problem occurred, I tried a clean install of the OS, etc., but the problem was not resolved.
If anyone can confirm the .tgz format file, please let me know.

11-20191026193000.tgz *TESTDUMP* I get an error during creation and am unable to rip normally. This is the first time I have ripped a significant number of discs (I tried with other discs but it seemed impossible, it may be a problem with the original data here, I will send you the original data if necessary).

11-20191028193000.tgz *TESTDUMP* can be created with no problem, but the audio is not selectable, nor are the subtitles that should be there.
(My guess is that the error occurs because the previous program in the TV program has double audio, but this program has single audio).

51-20181221215501.tgz *TESTDUMP* can be created without problems, but the video is looping. (I think the situation is that it is a TV show, but if I rip it with the commercials cut off in the middle, the length of the video is inconsistent.)

I have confirmed that all of the above three videos can be played back on my recorder without any problems.
This is the extent of my research. If there is anything else I need to check, I would appreciate the help of everyone on the forum.
Thank you in advance.

https://43.gigafile.nu/0128-ff122264dd5 ... d330716571
Woodstock

Re: Regarding the problem of the video looping due to the loss of audio and subtitles that are supposed to be there.

Post by Woodstock »

Is it the original MKV file that is missing audio, or some subsequently-processed file?

By default, MakeMKV will copy "all" audio and subtitle files to the output, with the original tags. This can be changed, by setting MakeMKV to copy only particular languages to the output, but the language has to be tagged properly. An example are some Malay disks, where English, Chinese, and Malay audio are all tagged as "English". Selecting Chinese will net you no audio in this case.
I have confirmed that all of the above three videos can be played back on my recorder without any problems.
Is this playing the original disk, or playing the output MKV file?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
alex0708

Re: Regarding the problem of the video looping due to the loss of audio and subtitles that are supposed to be there.

Post by alex0708 »

Thanks for the reply.
I forgot to mention that the language is Japanese.
I have selected Japanese, but when I get to the stage of selecting subtitles, there is no subtitle option.
Also missing audio is the processed file.
The audio of the pre-processed files are fine and sound fine.
The original Blu-ray disc files I have listed can be played without any problems, but after processing with MakeMkv, the problem occurs.
Please let me know if there is anything I can try on my end, even if it is a small detail. Thank you in advance.
alex0708

Post by alex0708 »

I'm a contributor, but can I get management to apply a resolution patch if I leave it forum-wide?
Is there any correspondence that needs to be done?