Trying to extract only voices

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
vrabaci

Trying to extract only voices

Post by vrabaci »

Hello i bought VERBATIM 43888 BluRay reader and works great.
I ripped Penguins of Madagascar 2014 via mkaemkv.
When i inserted raw movie with 7.1 and 5.1 into audacity all sounds and background appeared but the voices.
Is there any way i could extract voices from the drive (center channel if im correct) since no tutorial actually worked. I found dozens of tutorials on youtube and followed them, they removed most of background noise but there was still some stuff in the center channel because i guess audio got encoded from other channels to center channel.
Woodstock

Re: Trying to extract only voices

Post by Woodstock »

This is going to be difficult unless one of the tracks is "only voices". The normal way of mixing channels is going to have voices + background included in the 2 main channels of the audio track.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
vrabaci

Re: Trying to extract only voices

Post by vrabaci »

Okay, i managed to get center channel out. But im not sure if it could be done better. Most of background/loud stuff is out but there is still some background stuff that i dont want to hear. I would need to use some high quality dataset maker that removes everything but voice. Idk if thats even possible without paying a lot of money.
planet1

Collecting ULTRA yolk

Post by planet1 »

Dear @vrabaci

Would you care extracting the eggs not only form little but emperor penguins aka UHD ripping / playback?