Ripping Multiple Files off Blu-ray

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
crazyhefer

Ripping Multiple Files off Blu-ray

Post by crazyhefer »

I'm having an issue where I'm ripping a bluray with multiple movies on it, ie, Lilo and Stitch two movie collection. I can rip each movie to separate files and convert them but when I use them in my player I am only see one of the files. Which every comes first alphabetically. I've tried all sorts of tagging tools but nothing has changed. They seem to rip fine with no errors, but they will not show up in my player list. Any help would or insight would be appreciated.
Woodstock

Re: Ripping Multiple Files off Blu-ray

Post by Woodstock »

How are you trying to play them?

If you're ripping to MKV, the two movies would have different file names. If you're ripping in Backup format, you would load the index.bdmv file in your player, and it would use the BD menus for selecting which title to play.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
crazyhefer

Post by crazyhefer »

I'm ripping to MKV and then encoding and compressing everything in Handbrake. So I'm trying to play them on my Chrysler Uconnect 4 system in our van. It reads most other files just fine. I have had a few issues with others, not dual movies, not reading in the car as well. They play fine on my pc and go through handbrake fine.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

A quick search on Google comes up with this:
I recommend MP4 (H.264 / AAC). For one thing, MP4 is the most familiar format for most people, for another, MP4 can be compatible with most current devices.
What are you having handbrake convert the the audio to? DTS doesn't work, apparently. Other recommendations say to reduce the resolution to 720p, because the hardware on UConnect isn't up to 1080p video.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
crazyhefer

Post by crazyhefer »

I'm using a custom profile that another uconnect user created. I believe its 720p and downmixes to dolby pro logic 2
crazyhefer

Post by crazyhefer »

Slightly new development. even when the file for Lilo and Stitch is on my jump drive by itself, it will not show up. I'm selecting the same things for each movie in makemkv and naming them separately. I get two separate files from handbrake and everything appears fine. but for some reason it will not read on the uconnect system.
crazyhefer

Post by crazyhefer »

this is what I see in makemkv with the blu-rays with 2 movies.
Attachments
atlantis.png
atlantis.png (149.9 KiB) Viewed 5771 times