LPCM Auro 3d and DTS-HD

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
mpapro

LPCM Auro 3d and DTS-HD

Post by mpapro »

Hi everyone, I am having trouble with PCM audio in particular (like the early Harry Potter movies) showing as 'no audio' after ripping with makemkv but have got around this by converting to FLAC which seems to work..
I am completely stuck on one movie in particular though. Red Tails which contains an Auro 3d track in PCM format. I simply cannot get my playback device ( Zappiti 4K HDR) to send the Auro data to my receiver. According to the manufacturer Auro in PCM is not supported!

I do however have several files with Auro 3d in DTS-HD which work 100% fine so here is my question:

Is there a way for me to convert my PCM audio track into DTS-HD format so that it will work with my player?

I fear that I know the answer already but hoping that somebody might know a way!!
dcoke22

Re: LPCM Auro 3d and DTS-HD

Post by dcoke22 »

I see you found this thread: viewtopic.php?t=14739

The poster MagnumXL in that thread said he tried to convert the PCM audio in the .mkv file to FLAC using Handbrake, but it didn't work. What happens if you convert the PCM track to FLAC in MakeMKV? It might be a different FLAC encoder (it might also be the same encoder). I have no idea if it'll work.
mpapro

Post by mpapro »

Thanks dcoke22. I have already tried converting to FLAC and this doesn't work either. It seems I can only effectively get Auro 3d with DTS-HD and the only possibility I've found so far is DTS Master Audio Suite at nearly £1000 :shock: And even then I don't know it would work for sure..
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

At this time, there are no encoding solutions for DTS-HD outside of the commercial packages. That's actually one reason FLAC is as popular as it is
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging