LPCM & PCM in 5.1 & 7.1 on MPC-BE and MPC-HC?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
mike_mgoblue

LPCM & PCM in 5.1 & 7.1 on MPC-BE and MPC-HC?

Post by mike_mgoblue »

QUESTION: How do I get the sound formats of "LPCM" and "PCM" to play in the multichannel formats of 5.1 or 7.1 using the MKV players such as MPC-BE and MPC-HC, and even VLC?

I can always "Passthrough" the multichannel formats of Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, and DTS-HD Master Audio without a problem using MPC-BE, MPC-HC, and VLC.

For a while, I was able to play the LPCM 7.1 files found in MKV videos on MPC-BE without a problem. But, my computer recently stopped working. As a result, I was forced to get a different computer. Videos normally play fine and the audio normally works fine. However, I recently tried to watch a movie called "After Life" using the 5.1 PCM format. Unfortunately, the A/V Receiver was only being sent a 2.0 signal from the computer. It was like this when using MPC-BE, MPC-HC, and VLC.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of LAV Splitter or Audio Decoder that needs to be downloaded in order to fix this problem. I remember this was an obstacle that needed to be overcome in the past on my computer. And I did overcome it. But I have forgotten what it was that was done and need help.

Thank you.