Unable to Write to NAS

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
TurboShues

Unable to Write to NAS

Post by TurboShues »

I have done some digging and can't find this posted elsewhere, please let me know if it is. I have been trying to write directly to a NAS and it shows "OS error" and fails. Any ideas or tips? I used to write from a laptop to the NAS but now I am on a PC and am having issues. I don't know what has changed.

Thanks
Woodstock

Re: Unable to Write to NAS

Post by Woodstock »

I write directly to multiple NAS boxes from multiple machined running MakeMKV. Most likely you're experiencing a permissions error.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
TurboShues

Post by TurboShues »

I checked and all permissions are allowed. The error being displayed is "Error 'OS error"
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you rip to a local drive, then copy that file to the NAS, do you get the same error? Really any large file should do.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
TurboShues

Post by TurboShues »

I can rip to local drive and transfer to NAS with no issues.
aloha

Post by aloha »

Hello:

Out of curiosity, what NAS system are you using (Synology, TrueNAS, etc - make sure to include version number, SMB/CIFS or NFS file structure, ZFS, etc, basically the more info the better )? Granted, it's weird that YOU can copy the file no problem BUT when you set MakeMKV to the same location it fails. Something is not correct. Hopefully with a bit more information you provide, that might just be enough to have another user jump in with a solution they did when confronted with the (almost) same issue.

Regards,
A
TurboShues

Post by TurboShues »

I am using a WD 8TB My Cloud Home Personal Cloud WDBVXC0080HWT-NESN currently running software version 7.12.1-170

Thank you for any help!