Possible to rip 2 discs at once?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Ferrett1983

Possible to rip 2 discs at once?

Post by Ferrett1983 »

Hi,

I have quite a few boxsets i want to rip, one of them has 32 discs. I was wondering that if I picked up another drive to accompany the one I already own would I be able to rip two discs at once?

Regards

Daniel
Woodstock

Re: Possible to rip 2 discs at once?

Post by Woodstock »

The number you rip at once is really limited by how many drives you have (obviously) and how much bandwidth you have to save things. You assign a copy of MakeMKV a drive, and run one copy per drive.

My personal limit has been three drives on a machine, because I have to coordinate file names between instances when dealing with episodes.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Ferrett1983

Post by Ferrett1983 »

OK that makes sense. I have two drives, so if I assign one drive to makemkv and then open makemkv again I can then use my second drive?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

There is a setting in MakeMKV preferences to ask which drive to use if more than one is found. Preferences->IO, Ask for single drive mode.

With that checked, starting MakeMKV with more than one drive will present you with a dialog box where you can assign a single drive to the current instance, or "all drives". Start one with the first drive selected, then start a new instance and select the second (or third, or ...) drive. After that, they won't interfere with each other.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Buhraxz1

Post by Buhraxz1 »

Woodstock wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:29 pm
There is a setting in MakeMKV preferences to ask which drive to use if more than one is found. Preferences->IO, Ask for single drive mode.

With that checked, starting MakeMKV with more than one drive will present you with a dialog box where you can assign a single drive to the current instance, or "all drives". Start one with the first drive selected, then start a new instance and select the second (or third, or ...) drive. After that, they won't interfere with each other.
THANKS ! :)
exactly what i needed