NO OUTPUT FOLDER CREATED (Even though one was set)

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
seastnan

NO OUTPUT FOLDER CREATED (Even though one was set)

Post by seastnan »

Hi,

I've just tonight installed MakeMV.

I tried a sample disk and even though I had prestet an ouotput folder nothing was placed into it after the 15 minutes or so of ripping. I used VLC to play the file back but it found nothing and the windows 10 pro file directory saw nothing either in the output folder.

Can anybody please advise? Below is the summary of events as logged by the software...

akeMKV v1.15.4 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Title #1 was added (34 cell(s), 2:05:48)
Title #2 has length of 12 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3 was added (1 cell(s), 0:43:27)
Title #4 was added (1 cell(s), 0:16:06)
Title #5 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:05)
Subtitle stream #3 is identical to stream #2 and was skipped
Subtitle stream #4 is identical to stream #2 and was skipped
Subtitle stream #5 is identical to stream #2 and was skipped
Subtitle stream #6 is identical to stream #2 and was skipped
Subtitle stream #7 is identical to stream #2 and was skipped
Subtitle stream #8 is identical to stream #2 and was skipped
Operation successfully completed
Saving 4 titles into directory M:/Videos
Error 'OS error - {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on hs was not completed before the time-out period expired' occurred while writing data to 'M:/Videos/title_t00.mkv' at offset '67108864'
Failed to save title 0 to file M:/Videos/title_t00.mkv
Error 'OS error - The semaphore timeout period has expired' occurred while writing data to 'M:/Videos/title_t01.mkv' at offset '33554432'
Failed to save title 1 to file M:/Videos/title_t01.mkv
Error 'OS error - The semaphore timeout period has expired' occurred while writing data to 'M:/Videos/title_t02.mkv' at offset '33554432'
Failed to save title 2 to file M:/Videos/title_t02.mkv
Error 'OS error - The semaphore timeout period has expired' occurred while creating 'M:/Videos/title_t03.mkv'
Failed to save title 3 to file M:/Videos/title_t03.mkv
0 titles saved, 4 failed
Saving 4 titles into directory M:/Videos
Title 0 skipped
Title 1 skipped
Title 2 skipped
Error 'OS error - The semaphore timeout period has expired' occurred while creating 'M:/Videos/title_t03.mkv'
Failed to save title 3 to file M:/Videos/title_t03.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

Iain
Woodstock

Re: NO OUTPUT FOLDER CREATED (Even though one was set)

Post by Woodstock »

What settings do you have in Preferences->Video? Including the radio buttons.

The log says there was a time-out error writing to the destination. MakeMKV doesn't save partial files, so it would have deleted the failed file. Is M:\Video a network drive? Are permissions set correctly to allow MakeMKV to write to it, and is there enough space?

The fact that two videos failed at the exact same size would indicate something on the destination that is limiting access. The size is approximately one of the default buff sizes MakeMKV uses.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
seastnan

Post by seastnan »

Video Preferences are ...
Default Destination: Custom (to M:/Videos which is an empty 2Tb USB Docking Station Drive)
Minimum Title Length: 120 Seconds

Permissions are set to Full Access.

I will try saving to an internally connected hard drive though and get back on it.

Thank You for your halp here.

Iain
seastnan

Post by seastnan »

That worked! Thank you!

Just changing the destination folder to an internal drive worked well. It means I have to copy to another drive for use with the TV downstairs as I'm trying to get all my DVD's and Blu-Rays onto a networked Drive for access around the various house TV's.

Just noted though that the MakeMV does not create a separate folder for each ripped copy though? Having to rename the MakeMV folder each time when new stuff completes. Is this an alterable sitataion? Getting the software to create folders each time?

Iain
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you use "Semi Automatic" and set a base directory (I use "Z:\" for my "raw" output target), MakeMKV will default to making a directory with the same name as the disk's title... Which may be what you want or may not. Not all disk authors put good titles on the disk itself.

I almost always override the automatic directory name, because I'll rip to "Movies" for non-series stuff, and the series name for TV stuff. Example from a recent rip, the Bluray disk title is "WiseMans_Grandchild_D1", and MakeMKV suggests putting it in a directory "Z:\WiseMans_Grandchild_D1". I changed it to "Z:\Wise Mans Grandchild".

The base directory should be somewhere that you can write to, of course. :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
vapor26

Post by vapor26 »

I am using MakeMKV beta v 1.16.7 and it does not store the desired output folder from one session to the next. Previous versions did this flawlessly. It appears to be a problem with the latest update.