Trouble recognizing Drive via USB-IDE adapter (works fine in older versions)

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Redhawk2000

Trouble recognizing Drive via USB-IDE adapter (works fine in older versions)

Post by Redhawk2000 »

I searched for "trouble recognizing drive" prior to making this thread, but found no relevant matches.

I have a DVD drive attached to a PC with a IDE to USB adapter. Recently, even though Windows would recognize the drive and disc in it, MakeMKV would not. I tried several things (rebooting, multiple discs, different USB connectors not through a hub) but after reverting back to 1.15.1 it works fine. I never had a problem with it in the past for multiple years. The issue started recently, presumably after upgrading to 1.15.2. 1.15.2 did NOT cause any problems with another drive I have connected via a SATA to USB adapter.
Last edited by Redhawk2000 on Wed May 05, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Redhawk2000

Re: Trouble recognizing Drive via USB-IDE adapter

Post by Redhawk2000 »

This is still an issue. I just built a new PC, but it will only recognize the USB DVD player if I use version 1.15.1 or older. It will recognize the USB Blu-Ray player just fine on newer versions. I could just use the Blu-Ray player to rip DVDs, but I'd rather avoid the unnecessary wear and tear and use the perfectly good DVD drive.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Redhawk2000 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:37 am
This is still an issue. I just built a new PC, but it will only recognize the USB DVD player if I use version 1.15.1 or older. It will recognize the USB Blu-Ray player just fine on newer versions. I could just use the Blu-Ray player to rip DVDs, but I'd rather avoid the unnecessary wear and tear and use the perfectly good DVD drive.
Disable ransomware protection see if it works then.
If so turn back on and add all of makemkv the to the exception list
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Redhawk2000

Post by Redhawk2000 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:19 pm
Redhawk2000 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:37 am
Disable ransomware protection see if it works then.
If so turn back on and add all of makemkv the to the exception list
I had to look it up, but if by ransomware protection you mean "controlled folder access", it was already off.