first time ripping but having problems with the multi files

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
icebear8

first time ripping but having problems with the multi files

Post by icebear8 »

so i did a few rips of Predator and Predator 2 UHD and came out with one file, did blade runner 2049 and that had 2 files, but right now i am ripping the Alien movies and there is tons of file on each movie and when i go into plex to watch these movies i can't find the movie to play and it displays ALL of the files with weird names. any fix for this to not show all these files?
basdf

Re: first time ripping but having problems with the multi files

Post by basdf »

icebear8 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:21 am
so i did a few rips of Predator and Predator 2 UHD and came out with one file, did blade runner 2049 and that had 2 files, but right now i am ripping the Alien movies and there is tons of file on each movie and when i go into plex to watch these movies i can't find the movie to play and it displays ALL of the files with weird names. any fix for this to not show all these files?
I think you have to conform to Plex's naming convention for there not to be "weird" names. I'm not sure since I don't use Plex.

My recommendation is to rename the files on your computer. The larger files are usually the full films, the smaller files are the extras. You can always delete or put the extras in a different folder.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

icebear8 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:21 am
Don't do folder backups do an mkv file just click the disc not the folder
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

I think he's actually ripping all the titles that are displayed when opening a disc with makemkv. You really just have to choose the right playlist to rip instead of all of them. Most of the other titles are just title screens and other short clips that are played before the main movie. Usual rule of thumb for a movie is to just choose the longest title that has chapters information and ignore the others.