Dolby Atmos player for Blu-ray rips

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
jonas_ripper

Dolby Atmos player for Blu-ray rips

Post by jonas_ripper »

Hey guys, I recently discovered that my tv (LG OLED 65 C8) doesn't support Dolby Atmos in his video player when streaming from my media server, where all my rips are stored. As I've got myself an Atmos soundbar (LG SK10y), I'd like to ask for your recommendations for players that can play 4k Blu-ray rips with Dolby Atmos (up to 60fps). I heard the Nvidia Shield TV is able to do so, but how reliable is it?

Have a nice day :)
Jonas
mBrane

Re: Dolby Atmos player for Blu-ray rips

Post by mBrane »

#bump
- mBrane
bmillham

Post by bmillham »

You could use a Pi with OSMC. Or if you want 4K playback capabilities a Vero 4K+ is a great little media center.
metasynapse

Post by metasynapse »

I recommend Zidoo Z9s. Decodes (passthrough) Dolby Atmos (via HDMI bitstream), DTS: X, Dolby Vision and HDR. All-in-one and it works :)
Tricky17

Post by Tricky17 »

Hi I have a QNAP NAS which I store my Blu-ray Atmos MKV files I play them using my Nvidia shield video out to my 4 k tv the audio out to my Denon Atmos 11.2 amp the receiver shows me the audio signal from the shield which is atmos if the film supports atmos
King_theNorth

Post by King_theNorth »

I use an nvidia shield for all my media play ack anymore. Supports everything I have thrown at it, including dolby vision with atmos blu-ray rips. It supports everything and if you use plex, it also is one of the only devices that supports direct play of every audio, video, and subtitle format. Have no complaints with it. Just have to hook it directly into your soundbar or av receiver for best audio support.