Reliable Way to Determine "Episode Order" for TV Series Blu Ray Discs

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Skopin

Re: Reliable Way to Determine "Episode Order" for TV Series Blu Ray Discs

Post by Skopin »

centuryx476 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:26 pm
This method does seem to work for a vast majority of discs I have. I'm sure I will run into some that it will not work.
I'm now going to take this method and put it into a python script for automation.
MakeMKV CLI -< Output File -< Filebot (For Naming Episode)

What I did was I wrote up in a .json file the Season, Disc# and Episode Names for an entire show. I choose one that is only four seasons for easy testing. And I combined it into python. And I was able to get fully named episode files in a very automated way. For fun I wrote a way to get an email if the "Rip" failed. That way I can address it right away and not waste too much time.

Massive work in progress since the only downside is I have to manually create a .json file for the show.

But thank you so much for this info.

Edit: Quick question. You know when you load up a disc in a blu-ray player. You can choose an episode by its name. How can we access that information ? I would think that would solve all our problems.
Edit2: Nevermind. I found it, they are just .png files! Not good at all
Any chance you'd be willing to share that python script? I would love to be able to automate the discovery process, even if I have to do some manual work in creating a json file for the series. my current process is just to find transcripts of the episodes and watch a few seconds to line it up. Not very efficient lol.
Berry

Re: Reliable Way to Determine "Episode Order" for TV Series Blu Ray Discs

Post by Berry »

Hello there,
as already mentioned before, this "mpls-thing" doesn't always seem to be the right way, since the order is different sometimes.

So I've got to ask if there's any method or software out there to find out the right order of episodes on a tv series Blu Ray Disc?
(doesn't matter if it costs money)
This really bothers me and prevents me from buying a lot of tv episodes / series on Blu Ray...