how to change the pixel height and width of mkv?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
speedyallan77

how to change the pixel height and width of mkv?

Post by speedyallan77 »

hi guys i have a 12gb rip of the movie 10000 BC.
but this movie is not full HD movie as the 720p version of the same movie i have seen on

websites is 1280x520 and the 1080p versions of the movie is 1920x800 so therefore this movie is

not full HD.
but the problem is with the one that i have.when i right click my 12gb movie and select media

info, the properties of this movie is wrongly labelled as 1920x1080 because the movie still has

black bars on the top and bottom.the other versions of the same movie i have seen on websites is

not full HD and is labelled correctly as 1920x800 and 1280x520 so therefore it can be zoomed and

in my case it is the mistake of the person who ripped it so i cant zoom it in my video player.so

the fact is if i have other versions of this movie then i can zoom and watch it but

unfortunately i wasted 12gb downloading it so i dont want to download another one which is

labelled with the correct resolution.this is actually the mistake of the person who ripped it.
so because of that i cant zoom the movie in some players,because it is falsely detected as

1080p,so it wont zoom the video to fill the screen.all the videos which are correctly labelled

as 800p gets zoomed by the video players that i have, to fill the screen and the 1080p videos

dont get zoomed by my video players.so this movie is having black bars on top and bottom but it

still is labelled as 1920x1080p.
so is there any way i can edit the properties of this mkv for changing the pixel height and

width,without converting the video?
OR
If i have to convert then how can i do so without losing any quality?

better would be to tell me a way to edit the properties somehow.i want to change the pixel

height and width to 1920x800 so that i can zoom and watch the movie .
im not talking about stretching the image also,i just want the movie to be zoomed and i dont

care about losing part of the image.
now please dont tell me there is no way to do this coz i have trailers downloaded from youtube

that are labelled as 1080p but with black bars and i have video trailers from other websites of

the same movie that are correctly labelled as 800p so i can zoom that.please help me to edit the

info if possible.
Smithcraft

Re: how to change the pixel height and width of mkv?

Post by Smithcraft »

Re-rip the movie and when you transcode it, disable the cropping. You will get no benefit and will waste space but you will have a 1920 by 1080 file.

This forum is not for the general support of the Matroska container format, but is for the application MakeMKV.

SC