Error while ripping UHD-Disc

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
AlexChris003

Error while ripping UHD-Disc

Post by AlexChris003 »

Hi,

while ripping I get the following error:
Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' trat auf während des Auslesens von '/BDMV/STREAM/00058.m2ts' bei Offset '9784000512'
Fehler 'Betriebssystemfehler - Die angegebene Anforderung ist kein für das Zielgerät gültiger Vorgang' trat auf während des Auslesens von '\Device\CdRom0' bei Offset '9784000512'
[...]
Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' trat auf während des Auslesens von '/BDMV/STREAM/00058.m2ts' bei Offset '9784000512'
[...]
Titel 2 in Datei D:/Video/** Season 1 Disc 1_t02.mkv zu speichern schlug fehl

I already checked the disc which is clean and also I see no damage.
Playing it in the BR-Player on the TV works without problems.
In the UHD FAQ there is a mention of an error which sounds quite similar ("MakeMKV reports MEDIUM ERROR or "corrupt or invalid at offset" errors while ripping").
But as it is playing nicely on the TV I'm not sure what is really the matter and how to fix it...
Or is the disc really damaged/defective?
dcoke22

Re: Error while ripping UHD-Disc

Post by dcoke22 »

Do you have a different drive you can try? Sometimes drives just don't like certain discs.

Also, you could consider cleaning gently with warm water and dish soap. Use a microfiber towel to dry. Sometimes discs end up with a nearly invisible oil or film on the read surface that can make things more difficult for your reader.
AlexChris003

Re: Error while ripping UHD-Disc

Post by AlexChris003 »

Unfortunatly only the player for the TV which has no problems as I stated :/
Ripping Disc 2 of the show is no problem, so it must be something pyhsical with Disc 1.
I will see if I can get it to work with your suggestion of cleaning...
Would be a huge bummer if only Disc 1 fails -.-