Certain titles 20th Century Fox and Universal Pictures

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
er1073

Certain titles 20th Century Fox and Universal Pictures

Post by er1073 »

seem to have problems playing via a NAS (Network attached storage ) but not all movies have this same problem. Most of the movies I have ripped play just fine. The clarity is excellent.
Also, I have a Samsung Smart TV series 6 (6300) the NAS that I bought is a Seagate 2 TB drive. Seagate stated that the drive is compatible with Smart TVs. The problem with playing from the NAS is most of the movies start to play but stop the tv informs me that the NAS has stopped communicating while the NAS I know is online. Samsung informed me that the module for the smart tv isn't very good at buffering the content. It was suggested that I place to tv closer to the modem. I responded that I have a extender on my router which I put the extender right on the USB WiFi for the tv and still have the same problem. Although today I played a good 25 minutes of a couple of movies and I don't know why this occurred and wouldn't play the entire movie. The movies that always play completely are via a Sony BlueRay DLNA capable. But some of these have a jerky movement and stops and starts during playbacks.

Any suggestion or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Ed
Smithcraft

Re: Certain titles 20th Century Fox and Universal Pictures

Post by Smithcraft »

Some parts might be saturating your bandwidth for you network. Does this still happen with a wired connection?

SC
er1073

Post by er1073 »

Smithcraft - Thank for replying. This is a wired connection to and from the modem. The wireless part comes in for the shared part. In most instances it plays just fine on the Sony Blue Ray. But when it comes to the Samsung Smart TV that is WiFI. To answer your question this is all VIA WiFi
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

That's not my question.

SC
er1073

Post by er1073 »

Smithcraft wired works just fine any of the MKVs will play normal video and audio.