Issue with playback of movies on VLC

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Worldwide-Collection

Issue with playback of movies on VLC

Post by Worldwide-Collection »

Hi
I Recently bought a Libre drive friendly Pioneer drive and maybe because I’m a beginner to this hobby I’m encountering issues with playback of the discs via VLC.

For DVD I used a region 4 locked (Mexican market) of The Incredibles to play/rip I get the notification to change the region code (I’m in the UK so it’s region 2) of the drive even though I have makemkv and the Libre drive status is enabled.

For Blu rays I used Taken 2 the extended cut, it runs fine on makemkv however on VLC when I click play I receive errors for needing AACS decoding and that VLC cannot open the MRL.

For 4K I tested with a brand new disc of Mission Impossible dead Reckoning part 1, I only got the AACS error like before.

The only other issue I have is for integration once I have ticked VLC and entered my password once I go back to it to see if it selected it wasn’t even after ticking it multiple times so possibly this might be the issue on why it can’t decode the AACS files.

The computer I’m using is a MacBook Pro 2020 running MacOS Sequoia 15.0.1. While the drive is a Pioneer BDR-XS07TS crossflashed to BDR-XS07TUHD with firmware 1.02.
Worldwide-Collection

Re: Issue with playback of movies on VLC

I’ve managed to bypass Apple’s built in DVD player software by just closing it down and on VLC pressing open disc then play. So at the moment it’s just the HD and 4K Blu-Rays where it still gets the AACS error and cannot open the file. :(
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I think reading through this thread might help you.

makemkv was prevented from modifying apps on your mac
Worldwide-Collection

Thanks dcoke22 I actually went into the security settings of Apple settings and just unticked and reticked both Makemkv and terminal and it works playing the movie but I receive a JavaScript error to enable the disc menus which is annoying.

For the HD blurays my Mac was fine however when I tried the 4K disc it played but I could tell my computer wasn’t a fan of it because it really was using a lot of memory. It’s just odd because the menus work for my region 4 DVD but not the blurays.

Although the HD blurays version of Leon works including the menus for some reason. The HD version of Taken 2 and 4K Mission Impossible dead reckoning part 1 their menus don’t show up due to the JavaScript issue.