Recent Playback Issues on PLEX

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
DarbyDad

Recent Playback Issues on PLEX

Post by DarbyDad »

I have been using MakeMKV for quite some time now and using PLEX for playback. Recently (past month or so?) I am suddenly having playback issues. Everything still works wonderfully on PLEX app on desktop and smartphones. However, playback on my entertainment system (Bravia TV) now has major issues. There is no audio for recorded blu-ray movies and some (not all) DVDs. When using the PLEX app through ROKU, there is audio, but now the movies keep buffering every few seconds. Movies recorded previously seem to play fine either directly in the PLEX app or through ROKU. Having exhausted other possibilities (and myself) I'm wondering if any recent updates ot MakeMKV might be responsible. Again, all works well on desk top and smartphones. Anyone else experiencing this or have possible solutions?
dcoke22

Re: Recent Playback Issues on PLEX

Post by dcoke22 »

If your Plex setup still works everywhere except for on your TV, it seems likely the fault lies with your TV, does it not? What was the thing that changed just before things stopped working? Did your TV do a firmware update? Or a Plex client software update? Did your Plex server software update? Something else?

If your Roku is buffering it might have an insufficient network connection to properly stream from your Plex server.

Or, maybe your Plex server is attempting to transcode whatever you're playing and unable to keep up.

Recently a forum member experienced a similar issue with Plex seemingly starting to work wonky for no obvious reason. In the end it was the Chromecasts being used as a Plex client that was the culprit. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30211