Oppo BDP-93 can't read Embedded .pgs Subtitles, needs .srt

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Dan Viele

Oppo BDP-93 can't read Embedded .pgs Subtitles, needs .srt

Post by Dan Viele »

Movies play perfectly on Oppo BDP 93 using USB through Home/Movie Input, however the embedded .pgs subtitles MKV creates can't be read. Oppo says the player can't read .pgs subtitles embedded or extracted, but can read extracted .ass or .srt subtitles placed in the Movie's Folder. I can extract subtitles, but can't create an .srt or .ass subtitle from a .pgs, which is the standard for Blu Rays.

Tried Muxing but it's so slow and problematic it's not worth the effort. Any thoughts how to get my MKV ripped .pgs subtitles to the .srt format? Can MKV convert the standard .pgs to an extracted .srt?

...Or, can anyone recommend another media player that will give the full 1080p resolution of the Oppo and read the MKV embedded .pgs subtitles, solving my issue watching movies that need subtitles? Another component may be the simplest solution.
Smithcraft

Re: Oppo BDP-93 can't read Embedded .pgs Subtitles, needs .s

Post by Smithcraft »

Eventually my post will show up in this thread - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 929#p27929

SC
Chetwood

Re: Oppo BDP-93 can't read Embedded .pgs Subtitles, needs .s

Post by Chetwood »

Dan Viele wrote:I can extract subtitles, but can't create an .srt or .ass subtitle from a .pgs, which is the standard for Blu Rays.
Of course you can using Subextractor (getting links approved here takes forever, so just check doom9.org's subtitle forum).
Dan Viele wrote:...Or, can anyone recommend another media player that will give the full 1080p resolution of the Oppo and read the MKV embedded .pgs subtitles
I'm doing this with the WDTV.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch