Direct Blu Ray Playback with Infuse

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Desecrate5047

Direct Blu Ray Playback with Infuse

Post by Desecrate5047 »

I'm interested in using Infuse because of the spatial audio features it offers. I already use it on the Apple TV with my Airpods Pro. I am wondering if Infuse for MacOS can live play a BDMV like VLC can because I want to be able to take advantage of the spatial audio features for headphones without having to rip the disc first.
dcoke22

Re: Direct Blu Ray Playback with Infuse

Post by dcoke22 »

I only use Infuse occasionally and most of the time it is just pointed at my Plex server. Does Infuse have a capability to open a local file? I've only used it to point at a SMB share or a Plex server.
Desecrate5047

Re: Direct Blu Ray Playback with Infuse

Post by Desecrate5047 »

I don't actually have a Mac so I don't know how opening a file with Infuse works on MacOS. Their website says that it supports the BDMV file format so I assume it would.

Alternatively, I would be curious of VLC or MPV on MacOS support spatial audio like infuse does :). The whole point is to see if a MakeMKV compatible drive + a Macbook can get be virtual surround sound. Right now I can rip BDs to my NAS to play back on my Apple TV 4k, but that takes time and if I want to watch a movie I want to be able to pull it off the shelf and hit play.