MakeMKV is not ripping audio channels

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
asuka55

MakeMKV is not ripping audio channels

Post by asuka55 »

Running the latest MakeMKV on MacOS. When it reads the BluRay, it grabs and shows me all the tracks, but none of the audio tracks are selected. I have to manually open up each track and select the audio track...dozens of times over for each disc. Is there any way to have the audio be selected by default? Is it because there are multiple audio tracks for each video track?
Woodstock

Re: MakeMKV is not ripping audio channels

Post by Woodstock »

Did you recently select a "default language" for ripping?

With no default language selected, MakeMKV will select all audio languages. If you select a language, it will ignore all tracks that do not have that language code in them. That is, if you select "French", any track that is not French will be left untagged, as far as ripping is concerned. It will need to be manually selected.

Back when I told my copy to "extract English only", I had disks that had no audio selected (no tracks marked as English), and some where all tracks were selected (Chinese and other tracks were "tagged" as "English").
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
d00zah

Re: MakeMKV is not ripping audio channels

Post by d00zah »

asuka55 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:12 pm
Running the latest MakeMKV on MacOS. When it reads the BluRay, it grabs and shows me all the tracks, but none of the audio tracks are selected. I have to manually open up each track and select the audio track...dozens of times over for each disc. Is there any way to have the audio be selected by default? Is it because there are multiple audio tracks for each video track?
Check 'Preferences' > 'General' tab > 'Expert Mode' & restart MakeMKV. On the newly exposed 'Advanced' tab...

Changing default track selection