MakeMKV 1.17.3 causes process overflow ccextractor

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
JustSomeGuy

MakeMKV 1.17.3 causes process overflow ccextractor

Post by JustSomeGuy »

I have noticed several times, after a few days of burning discs (about 10-20 rips) that MakeMKV will start giving an error that it couldn't run or find ccextractor (my apologies, I do not have the exact wording).

When I immediately try to open terminal to do some inspection on processes and memory, I receive an error that a process cannot be forked (paraphrasing) and am given a disabled terminal window. The first time this happened, I had to shut down my machine to return it to normal, and it took about 10 minutes just to shutdown (very slow compared to normal).

Even today, I believe this thread is from 1.17.3 (I have since quite 1.17.2 many times):
(standard input): 501 14113 1 0 Fri10AM ?? 8:47.59 /Applications/Capture Apps/MakeMKV.app/Contents/MacOS/makemkvcon guiserver A0001+shm

I am unsure if I should kill that process (I captured it when no other MakeMKV instances were running).
I have reverted to 1.17.2 and have not seen this issue at all on that version.
JustSomeGuy

Re: MakeMKV 1.17.3 causes process overflow ccextractor

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Thought I would come update this one. I am about 90% certain this issue was actually caused by another program that I was using at the same time. The program in question actually released a new version to address a memory leak. If no one else has this issue, then I would say to ignore this post.