Direct Blu-ray playback with VLC player NOT WORKING Ventura

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
labodeguitadelmedio

Re: Direct Blu-ray playback with VLC player NOT WORKING Ventura

Post by labodeguitadelmedio »

The main app has full disk access permission. I'm unable to add the 'makemkv' process which I think is triggering the 'prevented from modifying apps' error, as it's inside the MakeMKV package and I can't open the package in the Finder pop-up to add an app to the list (no 'Show package contents' option appears).
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

'makemkv' doesn't have Full Disk Access on my system either. It does, however, have Removable Volumes permission in Files and Folders.
labodeguitadelmedio

Yup - confirmed the makemkv process has got Removable Drives permissions in Files and Folders.

MakeMKV (the main app) is also listed in that section, but greyed out and the drop-down shows it has listings for Full Disk Access - also greyed out here with no option to check it, but checked in the actual FDA section. I assume the FDA is logged somewhere, but also does the fact the app itself is greyed out here mean anything for this?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I don't think so. Mine is the same as yours. Logically, Full Disk Access is a super set of Files and Folder access.
labodeguitadelmedio

Thanks @dcoke22 - in that case I'm definitely stumped. Unless I've missed something (which I'm definitely not ruling out), I seem to have done everything that's been suggested and I still just can't get VLC to play blurays, with MakeMKV or otherwise :(

If you/anybody has any alternative tips (or has spotted something I've missed) I'd be very appreciative.