Installing MakeMKV on new Mac

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
handsomekilla

Installing MakeMKV on new Mac

Post by handsomekilla »

After installing MakeMKV on a new Mac, backup files are not recognized by Handbrake.

I have been running MakeMKV 1.14.7 on an older Mac with Sierra 10.12.6 for a number of years. It backs up my Blu-ray discs (using the "Backup" icon on the toolbar) with no problem, and Handbrake is able to recognize the resulting backup files easily.

I'm moving to a newer Mac that has Ventura 13.2. I've installed MakeMKV 1.17.2 on it. I successfully backed up my Blu-Ray disc with MakeMKV to a folder on my hard drive, or at least I thought it was successful. When I navigated to the backup files with Handbrake, it did not recognize any of the files. I get a message in Handbrake: "No valid source found."

Is there some missing component from my new install of MakeMKV? Any help would be appreciated.
dcoke22

Re: Installing MakeMKV on new Mac

Post by dcoke22 »

Are you making a decrypted backup in MakeMKV? There's a checkbox for decryption on the screen for where to save the backup.
handsomekilla

Re: Installing MakeMKV on new Mac

Post by handsomekilla »

@dcoke22 One year later, just realizing that I never read this. Thank you, that did the trick!