My 4k disk won't play after failed rip

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
kielwe

My 4k disk won't play after failed rip

Post by kielwe »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, however I just started ripping my collection this morning using a LG WH16NS40 which I downgraded from v1.05 to 1.02. I managed to rip some movies already for my plex server, however while I was ripping my copy of Suspiria 1977 4K from Synapse films I got an error on makeMKV. I unfortunately did not catch the error and decided to retry. At that point makeMKV did not detect any disk on the drive so I ejected and put the disk in once more. I tried again and I got:

Error 'OS error - The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '0'

Error 'OS error - The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '0'

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/40002.m2ts' at offset '0'

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/40002.m2ts' at offset '0'
again and again and the process failed. That's when I noticed that on File Explorer my Disk appeared as empty. I relaunched makeMKV and it appears to read the contents of the disk fine, however when I tested the Disk on my Sony UBP-700 4k player in my HT the disk appears with a "?" sign and is unable to be played.

Can anyone help me decipher what went wrong? Am I SOL with this disk?

Currently trying to Rip again since MakeMKV does detect the file structure within.