failure to specify title/chapter sequence for double-digit titles

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
tjlynchny

failure to specify title/chapter sequence for double-digit titles

Post by tjlynchny »

I'm running Mac OS 10.14.6 and MakeMKV 1.16.7

I was trying to do a 'Open DVD Files Manually' today, which I've done hundreds of times quite successfully. Today, I specified the following title:chapter sequence to rip:

70:1,71:1,87:1

and got the following error:

Manual String parse error: chapter 71 is invalid, should be 1-2
Manual String parse error: invalid range: 71
Manual String parse error: invalid subtoken:1,71
Manual String parse error: invalid token: 70:1,71:1,87:1
Failed to open disc

Played around a bit trying different inputs. Things seem to fail consistently whenever there is a two-digit title with one digit chapter and there are multiple titles specified. Titles > 10 is what I mean by two-digit titles. Something like 5:1,6:1,7:1 seems to work.

What did work was to specify just 70:1 In fact, I successfully ripped all three titles (70:1 , 71:1 , and 87:1) if I specified each one in a separate invocation of MakeMKV (no multi-title requests).

So, my disc is fine and I haven't seen any other problems with MakeMKV on my Mac, just this edge-case of specifying multi-title rips with two-digit titles and single chapter.

Haven't dug deeper to see if other multi-title : single/multi-chapter combo's fail.

The work-around is simple enough: Just specify each title:chapter to rip in a separate invocation of MakeMKV.