Newb trying to figure things out

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
JDC01

Newb trying to figure things out

Post by JDC01 »

I have a Zapitti player coming when the new models ship. I'm using MKV to create backups of my 4K UHD discs with Dolby Vision as I read that was the only way to preserve the dolby vision data.

I've created backups for a number of movies but I am having issues trying to organize them to fit the Zapitti HD file structure. The new backup movie folders have the BDMV file along with a certificate folder and makemkv folder. If I try to rename the BDMV file to incorporate the movie name, MacOS (12.3.1) turns it into another folder.

Can anyone help with this? Can I delete the certificate and makemkv folders?

Thanks!
dcoke22

Re: Newb trying to figure things out

Post by dcoke22 »

I don't have a Zapitti, so I can't say how things should be organized for it to work.

BDMV, however, is part of the blu-ray specification. I don't think you can rename it and expect things to work right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#D ... _standards

As far as MacOS goes, BDMV is always a folder. Finder, however, interprets it as a package and displays it as such. You can right click on it and pick "Show Package Contents" to make Finder show you contents of the folder.
JDC01

Re: Newb trying to figure things out

Post by JDC01 »

Thanks. Until I get the Zapitti, I’m just going to leave them as they are being backed up. I’m able to play them with VLC so I know the files are good.