OWC Blu-ray drive?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
d00zah

Re: OWC Blu-ray drive?

Post by d00zah »

MovieMan88 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:36 pm
I have the OCW Mercury Pro, yes. That Is why I used this thread to get an answer. Hoping that would work. This enclosure has the LG BH16NS40 and the SDFTool does not recognize any drive exists. I am running Windows 10 64bit.
Well, I'm almost out of ideas, but since you're running Win 10 :evil: , have you tried running the SDFtool as administrator?
MovieMan88

Post by MovieMan88 »

d00zah wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:15 pm
MovieMan88 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:00 pm
I also tried using the SDFTool but that cannot locate the OCW USB external drive, dont know how I can be so confused on what seems like such a simple task. :shock:
This OWC enclosure?

USB enclosures/sata adapters that work with optical drives and flashing:

OWC Mercury Pro 5.25 case

If not, are you able to temporarily connect the drive internally?

& this model OWC enclosure should probably be added to the list.

USB enclosures/sata adapters that work with optical drives but don't support flashing:

SDFTool w/ 'enc' checked?
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 am
If you selected WRITE:
  • Click the second drop down box to select a firmware to flash.
  • Check the "enc?" checkbox only if your drive has an encrypted firmware on it (see list of encrypted firmware below).
You can now press the START button to flash the selected firmware to your drive. Once the firmware has been flashed successfully, the application will refresh the drive list shown in the drop down box.
I was finally able to use SDFTool after installing a newer version of Microsoft .NET framework! The flashing worked and I am now able to read UHD disks. Thank you for your patience, much appreciated.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

MovieMan88 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:04 pm

I was finally able to use SDFTool after installing a newer version of Microsoft .NET framework! The flashing worked and I am now able to read UHD disks. Thank you for your patience, much appreciated.
Sweet! Glad you got it sorted.
themagp1e

Post by themagp1e »

Sorry to reopen this, this is so close to the confusion I am having.

Just got my BH16NS40 Drive SVC NS51. I have found out how to flash using cmd. I am aware of the encrypted firmware switch, not sure if mine is encrypted. I have downloaded the mk firmware pack 20200720. However i do not see my exact drive on there. I see BH16NS40-NS50. In a previous post it has been said, the NS50 is implied, is this the SVC code is implied? Can you tell me which firmware to flash from the MK firmware pack please

Thank you in advance