'Posix error - Is a directory'

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
julialena

'Posix error - Is a directory'

Post by julialena »

hi all,
when i try to rip multiple tracks from a BD, i get only one track. the others abort with 'Posix error - Is a directory'
i can rip every track from the disk, but one after the other. it's not a big issue, but it would be nice to get all tracks in one shot. any ideas?
thank you very much for the great tool :)
Woodstock

Re: 'Posix error - Is a directory'

Post by Woodstock »

Probably an issue with your automatic naming settings. What do you have set in Preferences->Video?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
julialena

Post by julialena »

hi,
for sure it's an issue with the path building. i don't have automatic naming enabled. it's set to manual and points to my media server.
what i've realised is, that even when i rip the track one ofter the other, for the first track i have to add a trailing / to the path, for the next track i have to remove the /, then i have to add it again a.s.o.
i will try tomorrow with automatic naming on. now i'm going to bed. it's late in germany ;)
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

For me, I use "semiautomatic", and point it just at the drive, "Z:" in my case. This will use the disk name as the default directory, then attempt to use the disk name as the basis for the file names as well.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
julialena

Post by julialena »

ok. semiautomatic is working. it's not exactly the path i want, but i can rename it afterwards.
thank you :)
medikoo

Post by medikoo »

I have this error on macOS, and there's no "automatic naming settings" section in Preferences -> Video.

Technically disc seems not backup'able with makeMKV
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

medikoo wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:49 pm
I have this error on macOS, and there's no "automatic naming settings" section in Preferences -> Video.
I'm pretty sure 'Default Destination' is what it is called in macOS MakeMKV preferences.
prefs.jpg
prefs.jpg (41.13 KiB) Viewed 12165 times