V 1.8.0 unstable on my quad core intel 27" iMac

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Pippy

V 1.8.0 unstable on my quad core intel 27" iMac

Post by Pippy »

Using an external BD-ROM drive connected via USB.

Blu Ray disc is accepted by v1.7.10. It is read by v1.8.0 but rejected when I press the new "drive" graphic to start listing of available files

Anyone else having similar problems?
mike admin

Re: V 1.8.0 unstable on my quad core intel 27" iMac

Post by mike admin »

What happens when you insert the disc, wait for OS to recognize, and then launch MakeMKV? Does it see the disc?
Can you please elaborate on what happens if you insert the disc when MakeMKV is running - will it start the animation, and do you see the blu-ray disc in the drive "glass window" at the end?
Pippy

Post by Pippy »

mike admin wrote:What happens when you insert the disc, wait for OS to recognize, and then launch MakeMKV? Does it see the disc?
Can you please elaborate on what happens if you insert the disc when MakeMKV is running - will it start the animation, and do you see the blu-ray disc in the drive "glass window" at the end?
Thanks for prompt reply Mike. I won't be near my iMac until Monday, so can't try the test until then, but I think it failed both ways when I pressed the new drive "glass window". I usually get OS X to recognise the disk before starting up MakeMKV as I'm using an external LG drive. As usual with Macs it can be temperamental ejecting the disk if I don't do it immediately after copy operation is completed, but that wouldn't affect initial reading.
Pippy

Post by Pippy »

quote="Pippy"]
mike admin wrote:What happens when you insert the disc, wait for OS to recognize, and then launch MakeMKV? Does it see the disc?
I'm back with the iMac today after all. I've reinstalled MakeMKV v1.8.0 and tried both methods you suggest with an AACS v35 Blu Ray. It now works OK so perhaps I was trying an unusual disc last Thursday - or there was some instability in latest update of Mountain Lion. I wouldn't be surprised if latter is the cause as I've been experiencing some unexpected instabilities with a variety of apps. Come on Apple - you've been upsetting your fanbase too much lately.

:?