makemkvcon keeps running after Quit

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
captain

makemkvcon keeps running after Quit

Post by captain »

I have noticed this happening for years. Every time I download a new version, I trash the old one, but when I try to empty the trash OSX complains that makemkvcon (and maybe a lib file or two too?) are still in use. I have to force quit the processes, then I can empty the trash and start using the new version. It seems that ALL processes of MakeMKV ought to terminate upon a clean Quit of the main app....
mike admin

Re: makemkvcon keeps running after Quit

Post by mike admin »

captain wrote:I have noticed this happening for years. Every time I download a new version, I trash the old one, but when I try to empty the trash OSX complains that makemkvcon (and maybe a lib file or two too?) are still in use. I have to force quit the processes, then I can empty the trash and start using the new version. It seems that ALL processes of MakeMKV ought to terminate upon a clean Quit of the main app....
The makemkvcon process is supposed to terminate the moment you close the application. We'll investigate.
captain

Post by captain »

This is still happening (almost every time - very reproducible). I have screenshots of Sample Process info. Let me know if you want those, or if there is anything else I can do to help track down and squash this.
DaveQ

Post by DaveQ »

I just wanted to say this happens every time I update as well.

Dave
captain

Post by captain »

Since no one has asked me for my data, I'll be deleting it, and moving on. If my Beta Testing is not helping to move MakeMKV forward, please let me know. I am only expending energy on this to help see the project succeed. I do not have time and energy to WASTE though. ;-)