Direct Blu Ray Playback with Infuse

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Desecrate5047

Direct Blu Ray Playback with Infuse

Post by Desecrate5047 »

I'm interested in using Infuse because of the spatial audio features it offers. I already use it on the Apple TV with my Airpods Pro. I am wondering if Infuse for MacOS can live play a BDMV like VLC can because I want to be able to take advantage of the spatial audio features for headphones without having to rip the disc first.
dcoke22

Re: Direct Blu Ray Playback with Infuse

Post by dcoke22 »

I only use Infuse occasionally and most of the time it is just pointed at my Plex server. Does Infuse have a capability to open a local file? I've only used it to point at a SMB share or a Plex server.
Desecrate5047

Post by Desecrate5047 »

I don't actually have a Mac so I don't know how opening a file with Infuse works on MacOS. Their website says that it supports the BDMV file format so I assume it would.

Alternatively, I would be curious of VLC or MPV on MacOS support spatial audio like infuse does :). The whole point is to see if a MakeMKV compatible drive + a Macbook can get be virtual surround sound. Right now I can rip BDs to my NAS to play back on my Apple TV 4k, but that takes time and if I want to watch a movie I want to be able to pull it off the shelf and hit play.
BULLBOYKENNELS

Post by BULLBOYKENNELS »

Infuse will playback BDMV folder, however it just starts playing the movie. Not any bd menu system options.
Just note that if your movie has multiple versions your not able to select them at all as it just plays what ever default movie file it pulls.
You will still need to rip the disc no matter what.