v1.6.8 Fatal error occurred, program will now exit

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
DrPaul

v1.6.8 Fatal error occurred, program will now exit

Post by DrPaul »

I have been regularly getting this crash message when I have been creating MKVs from VIDEO_TS and BDMV folders off my NAS. Rerunning the app usually makes it run to completion.

I have also had behaviour where we have the spinning beach ball of death so the UI has crashed but the background process makemkvcon is still running and usually creates the MKV file. I then have to kill both the app and the process.

Both behaviours occurred with the previous version too.

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.7 on 27" iMac 2.8 GHz i7, 8GB RAM. The NAS is running EON (in memory Solaris) and serving files over NFS.

The BDs have been ripped using AnyDVD HD and TSMuxer via VMWare and a Bootcamp partition. The movie and main audio and english subtitles are usually selected.
mike admin

Re: v1.6.8 Fatal error occurred, program will now exit

Post by mike admin »

Can you please PM me the full debug MakeMKV log - the program prints its location at startup.
gman529

Post by gman529 »

I receive the Fatel error occurred, program will not exit. Every time I try and rip Discs consecutively, but if I close Makemkv first before I rip the next disc I do not get the error.
shanghai'd

Post by shanghai'd »

I have had the same error (both with 1.6.7 and 1.6.8). I am currently using 1.6.5 without the crashing. As reported above, after one DVD rip, the MakeMKV crashes at the start of the second. If Make MKV is closed and re-opened, no crash, but a very painful process. I will provide a dump file later.
sfenwick

Post by sfenwick »

I agree. Looks like 1.6.7/8 broke something, and bad. Crashes after just about every track. Maybe re-release 1.6.5 as the current version until this is resolved? I am still testing; I had this crash with 1.6.5 as well, and have now regressed to 1.6.3. Will keep trying; are dumps/logs wanted?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please see http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3545 . Still trying to figure out what's happening.