MakeMKV 1.17.7 expired

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
planetmike

MakeMKV 1.17.7 expired

Post by planetmike »

It looks like MakeMKV is expired, it keeps crashing out and telling me to download the newer version. This is the first time I've ever not been able to find a newer version when prompted.Does anyone know when it'll be available?
Woodstock

Re: MakeMKV 1.17.7 expired

Post by Woodstock »

And you decided to post this, without looking at the number of "expired!!! Doom has descended!!!" messages already posted, in the days before the author posted the new key?
planetmike

Post by planetmike »

Ummm, what's with the vitriol? The board moderator could have sent me a nice note saying "I'm not going to approve this post from a new user since it's been answered before multiple times. Go to viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20579 for info how to fix this known problem."

I'm not a Total Idiot. I looked for Forum messages about a newer version. I looked through the Download version history. I even tried to purchase a license, but nothing happened when I hit the Purchase button inside the app. I'm sorry I didn't think to read the "MakeMKV is free while in beta" message. I honestly would never have thought to look for a license code for a Beta piece of software. This is the first time in years that I haven't been able to download a new version when the beta expired. Did it expire today? I have no idea when that happened. Feel free to delete my account here.

Sigh. I'm sorry I caused problems. I hope your day improves.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Actually BEING the board moderator, and having to read several dozen topics all saying "THE KEY EXPIRED! FIX IT NOW!", and then seeing a message posted a day AFTER the owner posted the new key, I'm sure I could have been very nice and done as you said, AGAIN. Only to have the same thing happen in November, which the (currently posted) key is expired.

Other that that, it's been an OK day.