Correct macOS installation?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
alexreg

Correct macOS installation?

Post by alexreg »

I initially installed MakeMKV through Homebrew on macO, which use the macOS installer on the download page of the website.

However, I initially got this error when trying to run `makemkvcon`.
Failed to execute external program 'mmgplsrv' from location '/opt/homebrew/bin/mmgplsrv'
To fix that, I symlinked some other binaries in `/Applications/MakeMKV.app/Contents/MacOS`; namely, `mmccextr`, `mmgplsrv` (the one being complained about), and `sdtool`. Is this the correct thing? It certainly makes the above error disappear, but I just wanted to check, as I submitted a pull request to Homebrew for performing these symlinks (into `/opt/homebrew/bin`).

Also, even with these symlinks in place, I still get the following error every time I run `makemkvcon`.
Profile parsing error: default profile missing, using builtin default
This doesn't seem to actually get in the way of using `makemkvcon`, but I was wondering if I should have a "default profile" somewhere. Should I?
alexreg

Re: Correct macOS installation?

Post by alexreg »

bump
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

What happens if you run the GUI?

I've always installed manually using the installer from the website. Normally I run the GUI, but sometimes use the command line. I've never had issues like you describe this way.
alexreg

Post by alexreg »

dcoke22 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:39 am
What happens if you run the GUI?

I've always installed manually using the installer from the website. Normally I run the GUI, but sometimes use the command line. I've never had issues like you describe this way.
Indeed, I don't get the issue in the GUI, only the CLI.