MakeMKV v1.16.5 beta and a "regular" version

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Danwan

MakeMKV v1.16.5 beta and a "regular" version

Post by Danwan »

In the current beta version "MakeMKV v1.16.5 [darwin (x64-release)] I am unable to see anywhere to choose the main title.
I cannot see in the main window any other option to get the "regular" version which allows me to choose titles their length and the subtitles.
Is there a link which allows me to get a standard version I am willing to purchase the app and I have tons of DVD I want to convert.
Also is it possible to choose the video bit rate anywhere?
I wonder if this is just the beta version or if I am simply unable to locate the "regular"

Sorry I run into make MKV today only

thanks for your time

Danwan
Woodstock

Re: MakeMKV v1.16.5 beta and a "regular" version

Post by Woodstock »

There are not separate beta/regular programs, just beta (free) and permanent keys. Operation of the program is the same, whether you're using the beta key or a permanent key. Permanent keys do not need to replaced periodically, and the Bluray functions don't shut off after 30 days.

On a Bluray, you have two options for how to process it. One is "Backup", the other is "Open and save to MKV". DVD just has the "Open and save to MKV" option. The button to open and select is the largest button, but a lot of people don't realize that the (sometimes spinning) disk is a button.

You cannot change the video bitrate because MakeMKV is just copying what is on the disk. You can post-process the MKV files in something like handbrake if you want to modify bitrates and compression.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Danwan

Post by Danwan »

How do I get a permanent key?
Also In this version I am unable to choose which title I can convert to MKV.
It looks as if the Windows and the Mac version are different.
Can you give me some hints?
Thanks
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Permanent keys are purchased by either clicking on Help, then Purchase, or going to https://makemkv.com/buy/ .

Not sure what you mean by "unable to select", since you have to go through the selection process to get to the save process, even if you do not change the selection. Linux, Mac, and Windows versions all work the same way.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging