ARMv6 support / Raspberry Pi

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
julian

ARMv6 support / Raspberry Pi

Post by julian »

Hi,

would it be possible to provide a build for ARMv6 hf/Raspberry Pi? A proper toolchain can be found here: https://github.com/raspberrypi/tools
VLC is just gaining proper support for the Raspberry hardware decoders, which allows it to play Blurays. So having makemkv would be really nice!

-julian
mike admin

Re: ARMv6 support / Raspberry Pi

Post by mike admin »

Planned for a long time, but not sure about timeframe.
rosie

Post by rosie »

Definitely second that request!

It would be awesome to run makemkv on armv6 or armv7 hardware (pi, pandora etc.)!
kamineko

Post by kamineko »

Another vote for RasPi or general ARM support. Would love to see that and build a bluray player myself with mpv.
noidea

Post by noidea »

+1 for ARM / Raspberry support.

I'm currently on RPi B+ model and must to copy the iso to windows, use makemkv and then back copy to RPi :/

Thanks.
Sergio.
tristan202

Post by tristan202 »

One more vote for armv7h.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

For everyone who wants ARM support, have you considered the possibility that Mike doesn't have the hardware to do the development?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
phoenix0_4

Post by phoenix0_4 »

What hardware is required for this task?
Would a Raspberry Pi be sufficient? (Perhaps Model 2 because of the higher specs?)

I don't know anything about coding/programming, so I don't know the hardware-requirements.
muppis

Post by muppis »

Woodstock wrote:For everyone who wants ARM support, have you considered the possibility that Mike doesn't have the hardware to do the development?
Well.. It costs under 50€, so shouldn't be a problem. If I can get reliable BD playback for Rpi2, I'm ready to pay for it. Whole AACS just bullying of paying customers who wants use hardware and software what they want. I could even buy a AACS certificate (because library already exists) if it possible.

And I registered to this forum just to give a vote for Rpi support. During my testing Rpi2 has enough processing power to play BD discs with Kodi. Older Rpi is capable for playback as well, but couldn't read disc fast enough even overclocked, or I didn't overclock enough. :roll:
Momro

Post by Momro »

Pi-Support would be so awesome! They are cheap and are running the whole day. I could insert a Bluray, push a button on the Pi and watch the ripped movie the other day (still wondering about the processing power).
mattmkv

Post by mattmkv »

ARMv7 support would be awesome!

Dream machine: A Banana Pi, external hard drive (USB or SATA) and an external Blu-ray writer (USB) to read a blu-ray discs. That would be great.
tchiwam

Post by tchiwam »

I will happily test on:
-Rpi 1 (armv6j) qt-5.5.1
-Rpi 2 (armv7a) qt-5.5.1

Soon in the mail box (by sled dog delivery):
-Big.Little Odroid-Xu4 (armv7l)

One of these days when I get those:
-Bpi M3
-Bpi H3
-pine64 (If it ever comes)

I am one of the 'gentoo' folks. so Ill build an ebuild for those. Just provide the other dependencies and Ill check it.
jloh1965

Post by jloh1965 »

I've successfully compiled the makemkv-oss part. But unfortunately the makemkv-bin part is executable only and only for the ix86 architectures. If the makemkv team can give me the source code for the bin executables I can try to compile it on the rpi2.
muppis

Post by muppis »

So, over a year gone and nothing happened?
luksol

Post by luksol »

ARM version would be great. Last element in the 'perfect HTPC' setup :)

Is there any reason that arm version is not there? Is there something x86/amd64 specific that is preventing arm version from being created?