Invalid Stored Activation Key?

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Nate5700

Invalid Stored Activation Key?

Post by Nate5700 »

Hey guys, I'm a new user of the program. I just installed MakeMKV 1.7.8 on Debian Wheezy per the instructions in the forum (and had that glibc issue which I solved by pulling in libc6 packages from the Ubuntu Precise repository, does that mean I'm now running some kind of Frankenstein-esque Debuntu for an OS?).

Anyway, the program loads but I get a pop-up that says:

"The stored activation key is invalid. I guess someone tampered with the settings... Please purchase an activation key if you've found this program useful."

And then the program closes. So I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to get the evaluation period before I buy, but even if I wanted to buy now I can't seem to find any information as to how to purchase a key, and then I don't know how I'd input the key into the program since it just closes after that box comes up. Can someone point me in the right direction to get some information on this? (Even if you just link to other forum posts, surely I'm not the first person this has happened to?) Help is appreciated!
Nate5700

Re: Invalid Stored Activation Key?

Post by Nate5700 »

So just as an update to this, the libraries from Ubuntu didn't play nice with Debian, so I reinstalled the Debian versions of the packages. I guess that means my previous question is a moot point since I don't have the right libraries.

So yeah, if the powers that be get their software to work with the Wheezy libraries and make it so the software doesn't think my trial's expired before I ever use it, I'll definitely give this program a try.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

I don't know about the hard part, not being a *nix guy and all, but the part about paying for MakeMKV can be found in my sig.

SC
Pajoe

Post by Pajoe »

I think I registered my copy from a purchase link under "Help" in the program.

Makemkv works good with Kubuntu 12.04/12.10, and with "Stream" selected I can play 1080P + HD audio movies over my network using our AIOS HD Media player using Upnp, just select stream and wait a couple minutes and Makemkv shows up as an option on the Aios HD Media player. The Raspberry pi will play the makemkv stream but Makemkv does not just show up without extra intervention and does not handle bitstreaming the HD audio and does not keep up as well extracting the 5.1 core.

I found some times it is difficult to determine which title to play as some blu-ray have many tittles that appear to be the same. I prefer using makemkv to stream a blu-ray from my computer via the HD media player rather than use a dedicated Blu-ray player. Makemkv is well worth the registration price for linux users, I do not know of anything else similar to it for a linux user. I do not use windows or mac and I can not say anything about the value of Makemkv on those systems, but definitely recommend it for linux users.