Successful install on Arch (EndeavourOS)

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
sun_lmao

Successful install on Arch (EndeavourOS)

Post by sun_lmao »

I just got MakeMKV installed and working on EndeavourOS (which is basically just Arch but easy to install).

I looked it up and found the equivalents to the dependencies listed for Debian/Ubuntu gives this:

Code: Select all

sudo pacman -S base-devel gcc pkgconf glibc openssl expat ffmpeg mesa qt5-tools zlib
However, at least on Endeavour, (almost?) all of these seem to already be installed, so it wasn't strictly necessary.

Then the typical ./configure, make, sudo make install, make, sudo make install stuff...

I then had to run this command for MakeMKV to actually recognise my Blu-ray drive:

modprobe sg
From a quick Google search, a StackExchange thread suggested this to make that change permanent:

echo b43 | sudo tee -a /etc/modules
Not only did this work a treat, but VLC (from the Arch repository, as included by default in Endeavour) integrated with it instantly, without any hassle (which wasn't the case when I tried it with Ubuntu a while back, funnily enough).

I don't know if I did anything wrong here, but if not, I hope other Arch/Endeavour enjoyers find this useful. :)

(Also, thanks to the MakeMKV dev. This programme is awesome. I was a free user for many, many years and I just recently bought a license. It's worth the money.)