Errors

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
MakOwner

Errors

Post by MakOwner »

Desktop Linux Mint 21.1 MATE installing 1.17.3.

running configure on the OSS package throws a lot of errors -- some samples follow.
Is this just normal, or should I be concerned?

gcc -c -g -O2 -D_linux_ -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -otmp/libffabi/src/ffabi.c.o -I./libabi/inc -I./libffabi/inc \
-DHAVE_BUILDINFO_H -Itmp -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu -fPIC libffabi/src/ffabi.c
libffabi/src/ffabi.c: In function ‘ffm_audio_decode_put_data’:
libffabi/src/ffabi.c:334:9: warning: ‘av_init_packet’ is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
334 | av_init_packet(&avpkt);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec/bsf.h:30,
from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec/avcodec.h:44,
from libffabi/src/ffabi.c:22:
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec/packet.h:488:6: note: declared here
488 | void av_init_packet(AVPacket *pkt);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
libffabi/src/ffabi.c: In function ‘ffm_audio_encode_init’:
libffabi/src/ffabi.c:427:5: warning: ‘av_init_packet’ is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
427 | av_init_packet(&ctx->pck);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec/bsf.h:30,
from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec/avcodec.h:44,
from libffabi/src/ffabi.c:22:
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec/packet.h:488:6: note: declared here
488 | void av_init_packet(AVPacket *pkt);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and later, this:

makemkvgui/src/mainwnd.cpp:38:5: warning: ‘constexpr QFlags<T>::QFlags(QFlags<T>::Zero) [with Enum = Qt::WindowType; QFlags<T>::Zero = int QFlags<Qt::WindowType>::Private::*]’ is deprecated: Use default constructor instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
38 | 0;
| ^
In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/qglobal.h:1299,
from makemkvgui/src/qtgui.h:18,
from makemkvgui/src/mainwnd.cpp:15:
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/qflags.h:123:80: note: declared here
123 | QT_DEPRECATED_X("Use default constructor instead") Q_DECL_CONSTEXPR inline QFlags(Zero) noexcept : i(0) {}
| ^~~~~~

And

gcc -g -O2 -D_linux_ -I./mmgpl -I./mmgpl/dvdnav -I./mmgpl/dvdread -I./makemkvgui/inc -I./libmakemkv/inc \
-I./libdriveio/inc -I./libabi/inc -DLOG_DEBUG=1 -DTRACE=1 -DDVDNAV_NO_CACHE=1 -DDVDNAV_NO_LOCKING=1 -DDVDNAV_NO_TXTDT=1 -DDVDNAV_NO_ERRSTR=1 -D_GNU_SOURCE -Dstl=std -oout/mmgplsrv.full mmgpl/mmgpl.cpp mmgpl/dvdnavsrv.cpp mmgpl/dvdread.cpp mmgpl/navapi.cpp makemkvgui/src/clt_pipe.cpp mmgpl/dvdread/bitreader.c mmgpl/dvdread/ifo_read.c mmgpl/dvdread/logger.c mmgpl/dvdread/nav_read.c mmgpl/dvdnav/dvdnav.c mmgpl/dvdnav/highlight.c mmgpl/dvdnav/logger.c mmgpl/dvdnav/navigation.c mmgpl/dvdnav/settings.c mmgpl/dvdnav/vm/decoder.c mmgpl/dvdnav/vm/getset.c mmgpl/dvdnav/vm/play.c mmgpl/dvdnav/vm/rand.cpp mmgpl/dvdnav/vm/vm.c mmgpl/dvdnav/vm/vmcmd.c mmgpl/dvdnav/vm/vmget.c makemkvgui/src/api_posix.cpp makemkvgui/src/api_linux.cpp -lc -lstdc++ \
-ffunction-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-z,defs
mmgpl/dvdread/ifo_read.c: In function ‘ifoRead_PGCIT_internal’:
mmgpl/dvdread/ifo_read.c:1943:21: warning: taking address of packed member of ‘struct <anonymous>’ may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
1943 | ifoFree_PGC(&pgcit->pgci_srp[j].pgc);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mmgpl/dvdread/ifo_read.c: In function ‘ifoFree_PGCIT_internal’:
mmgpl/dvdread/ifo_read.c:1969:19: warning: taking address of packed member of ‘struct <anonymous>’ may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
1969 | ifoFree_PGC(&(*pgcit)->pgci_srp.pgc);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mmgpl/dvdread/ifo_read.c: In function ‘ifoRead_PGCI_UT’:
mmgpl/dvdread/ifo_read.c:2101:32: warning: taking address of packed member of ‘struct <anonymous>’ may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
2101 | ifoFree_PGCIT_internal(&pgci_ut->lu[j].pgcit);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mmgpl/dvdread/ifo_read.c:2114:32: warning: taking address of packed member of ‘struct <anonymous>’ may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
2114 | ifoFree_PGCIT_internal(&pgci_ut->lu[j].pgcit);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mmgpl/dvdread/ifo_read.c: In function ‘ifoFree_PGCI_UT’:
mmgpl/dvdread/ifo_read.c:2137:30: warning: taking address of packed member of ‘struct <anonymous>’ may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
2137 | ifoFree_PGCIT_internal(&ifofile->pgci_ut->lu.pgcit);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bmillham

Re: Errors

Post by bmillham »

Read the text closely, those are not errors, they are warnings.

If MakeMKV is working then you have nothing to worry about.
lnimon

Post by lnimon »

The warning about av_init_packet being deprecated should be taken seriously. That API will be removed sooner or later.
jvian1

Post by jvian1 »

The warning is just that, and with the deprecated functions the developers need to fix the code.
Users cannot fix that unless they are also programmers and dig deep into the code. If they do that then patches should be submitted to MakeMKV developers as suggested fixes for those warnings.

It is the compiler & linker that gives those warnings.