Can Not Build OSS - Mint 21.1

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
halfwave

Can Not Build OSS - Mint 21.1

Post by halfwave »

OS Distro: Linux Mint 21.1 Vera base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy

Compiled per directions that have worked in the past, when I was on Mint 20. I updated my system to Mint 21 and now can not build makemkv-oss-1.17.2 (nor would the previously built makemkv work).

I had to build ffmpeg per the directions. After that building makemkv-oss ends in this:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt5Core: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:107: out/makemkv.full] Error 1

Seems it can not find QT5Core even though I have everything dev related to it installed. Any ideas what I am missing?

Thanks for any feedback!
demon

Re: Can Not Build OSS - Mint 21.1

Post by demon »

It would seem whatever package libQt5Core.so is in, you haven't installed it. If you run "dpkg -l | grep qtbase5", what does it say? I've not upgraded to Mint 21 yet, so I don't know what to expect.
halfwave

Post by halfwave »

demon wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:58 am
It would seem whatever package libQt5Core.so is in, you haven't installed it. If you run "dpkg -l | grep qtbase5", what does it say?
Agree with that thinking, output:

ii qtbase5-dev:amd64 5.15.3+dfsg-2ubuntu0.2
ii qtbase5-dev-tools 5.15.3+dfsg-2ubuntu0.2

I ran across a a posting elsewhere complaining about same issue on different src before that suggested this:

sudo apt-get install qtbase5-dev qt5-qmake qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools qtdeclarative5-dev libqt5svg5-dev libqt5websockets5-dev qtwebengine5-dev

Did not fix, I already had those packages. Real puzzler where this needed library went. So careful with your update thoughts! BTW I also did the usr merge Mint 21 suggests, maybe related and I'll check into it.

Thanks for the help.
demon

Post by demon »

What do you see if you run "ls -l /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so*"? I tried a build on an old Linux Mint laptop I upgraded to Mint 21.1, and it went completely normally.
halfwave

Post by halfwave »

demon wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:50 am
What do you see if you run "ls -l /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so*"? I tried a build on an old Linux Mint laptop I upgraded to Mint 21.1, and it went completely normally.
There was no libQt5Core.so in that folder so I ended up creating a new soft link:

sudo ln -s libQt5Core.so.5.15.3 libQt5Core.so

Not sure how that will work out in the future but at least I know where the problem is. No idea why I wouldn't have that link to start with. I assume yours is also a soft link?

Thanks for the pointer.
demon

Post by demon »

It is, yeah. It definitely should be there. 🤷‍♂️ At least you were able to solve it.