Add option to not steal focus, or backup duration in log

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
woekitten1701

Add option to not steal focus, or backup duration in log

Post by woekitten1701 »

(Note: I use the Linux version but this might also apply to using makemkv on Windows or Mac, but since it might be GUI toolkit specific I'm posting this here in the Linux forum out of caution.)

I use makemkv's backup function to check blu-rays for readability as I add them to my collection (it has saved me from adding defective discs to my collection many times). Sometimes, when I receive a replacement due to a defective disc in a multi-disc set (like a TV show or something), I'll test all of the discs in both the original and replacement sets and keep the discs that have the shortest backup time in makemkv.

However, one really annoying thing is that the popup indicating that the backup is complete steals focus from other applications, and the confirmation button in the popup will accept common keyboard inputs to be dismissed. What this means in practice is if I'm typing in another window and the backup finishes, the popup steals focus and immediately dismisses itself as I'm typing, and I lose the backup duration in the main window.

So, I would love it if there was a fix to the popup so it doesn't steal focus from other applications, or an option to enable that, or just print the total backup duration in the log so it's not lost at the end of the backup.