Automatic SVQ downloading is disabled or failed.

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
henryjfry

Post by henryjfry »

How do i enable this in my settings.conf

On this page there is no information for LINUX:
http://www.makemkv.com/svq/

The FAQ also doesnt exist and the USAGE is command line, not LINUX settings.conf

A list of the actual LINUX configurations options for SETTINGS.CONF and UPDATE.CONF might, you know, be useful to us LINUX users.

(Hopefully you get my emphasis that the LINUX mkvcon headless documentation is severly lacking and/or outdated)
Woodstock

Re: Automatic SVQ downloading is disabled or failed.

Post by Woodstock »

"Disabled or failed" can mean something other than "disabled by installation". It can mean that something is blocking access to the website that houses the file.

Have you verified your connection isn't being blocked? A lot of people have special DNS systems that will block resolving the host names used by MakeMKV. If they won't resolve, you'll get the same message.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
henryjfry

Post by henryjfry »

I've checked and its not blocked on my pi.hole as far as I can tell. But ive tested with blocking disabled.
And I've also setup DNS with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 so it shouldn't have any problem resolving if it did before.

But it still returns "Automatic SVQ downloading is disabled or failed."

So what are the settings.conf related to this and/or what IP is it trying to resolve?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Under "Preferences" "Video", there's "Enable Internet Access", which should be checked. You can also set up a proxy server if you have one. Not sure if this works for the headless version - I have not tried it.

That will turn MakeMKV's checks on, but does not guarantee they go through. Some versions of operating systems block access for "unknown" programs (unknown by OS vendor) unless set correctly. And "set correctly" changes each version.

For resolution, Google's servers should work, but I'm using a private set myself. Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) handles redirection to this server, but shuts down resolution of the other domain used for SVQ information from time to time. And browsers are handled differently than programs. Working in the browser does not mean working on "program XXXX" that isn't in the OS list of acceptable programs.

Windows, for example, can be set up and working for version 1.17.1, but refuse to work for 1.17.2 that you just installed.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
henryjfry

Post by henryjfry »

Yeah i dont use the makemkv GUI, I only use the commandline makemkvcon as I only have my bluray drive hooked up to a kodi device for bluray playback and therefore dont have a dekstop.

So if you could provide a full list of all the configuration options I can setup SETTINGS.CONF appropriately.

So please provide a full list of the configuration options.

This is the linux subsection so referring to windows configuration is unhelpful
henryjfry

Post by henryjfry »

Perghaps you should post whatever windows configuration you have setup.

It might help the linux users for which there is perishingly little documented information.
lnimon

Post by lnimon »

I'm seeing this problem, too, but I'm on Mac OS X. I have the "Internet access enabled" checkmark set, and I've never had any problems with websites blocked.

What address is MakeMKV trying to reach?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

There have been issues over the last couple of days. Be patient. Mike is on it.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31225