DVD Won't Rip In Linux Distros But Will in Windows 10

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
seperis

DVD Won't Rip In Linux Distros But Will in Windows 10

Post by seperis »

MakeMKV: 1.17.1 (Windows) and 1.17.2 (Windows, Mint, Solus)
Linux OS: Linux Mint Cinnamon and Solus Budgie
Windows OS: Windows 10
Drives: HL-DT-ST_BE-RE__WH16NS60, HL-DT-ST_BE-RE__WH16NS40
DVD: Scooby Doo/Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed

On opening MKV, it will start to read the disks and never stops. I clocked 25 minutes on Mint and about 15 on Solus before I gave up. No matter how many times I stop progress or even if I remove the disk and leave it empty or put in another tested disk, it keeps keeping on until I either restart entirely or unplug the drive. I attached all config and the latest log file for each OS; the settings are almost identical except Windows has the Java path explicitly in the configuration. No other disk I have has ever done this, even the really terrible ones. I verified both drives are seemingly fine with other disks, just this one.

It could be a mounting problem, but I can't quite see how; at least one earlier log just showed endless debugs, which is why I first assumed it was a disk problem until Windows opened it immediately with no drama. If more info is needed, I can try again and see what comes up in logs.
MAKEMKV_Data.zip
Zip file with settings for Linux Mint, Solus, and Windows; log files of latest attempts on each OS.
(272.96 KiB) Downloaded 135 times