[SOLVED] Directing Output to an alternative Drive?

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
coldfire05

[SOLVED] Directing Output to an alternative Drive?

Post by coldfire05 »

Is there a way to direct and save the output file to an alternative Drive, other than the default system drive.

For the record:
I am using Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 64bit.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by coldfire05 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Re: Directing Output to an alternative Drive?

Post by Woodstock »

Um, yes, that's normal. I direct all output to drive Z: on my Windows system.

What do you have set for your destination directory under Preferences->Video?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
coldfire05

Post by coldfire05 »

That is the first place I went. However in Linux MInt 19.3, there are no other drives available to choose from, other that the system Drive.

Unless it is either more cryptic to navigate to, or not available.
wmcclain

Post by wmcclain »

Using Arch Linux here. I'm sure it is the same.

You can do this in two ways:

(1) Preferences -> Video. Select "Custom". There is a little browser icon to the right of the directory box; click on that and a standard finder dialog displays.

(2) When you have actually opened a disk and are seeing the ripping panel, the right hand side of the screen has "Output folder" with the same browser icon and finder dialog. The program has a memory for locations you have used in the past and these are offered as quick links.
Capsule film reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
coldfire05

Post by coldfire05 »

Dear wmcclain,

I tried your method about 4 months ago, but my simple mind (being new to Linux) just didn't understand how much I had to know or navigate for this. HOWEVER, today I gave it another whirl, and finally found the solution, as it is not as simple as it is in Windows.

I am posting this in case any others are seeking an answer to this, as it is a good thing to know/learn.

When I click the folder icon as to where I want to direct my output, the window opens up and on the left side are 2 choices, COMPUTER, and User. I click on the computer icon and in the window to the right of that there is a "/". I double click on that, then I have to choose the media folder, then I choose my user folder, then I can scroll down to the drive I want, then the folder on that drive, which I setup before hand, though that last part isn't mandatory as I can create it then, but I like to have things laid out ahead of time. When the ripping is done, I then will drag that into the proper folder on that drive such as MOVIES or TV Shows. As I am building my PLEX library I like to keep track of them in lots of 5 as I have 5 DVD drives going at one time.

example:
computer/media/nick<--(my user name), and the drive name that I need to choose as I have about 13+ drives.

Thank you for your input!!
Nick